For the purposes of this Policy, we will use the following terms as defined below:
“Member” means a person or homeowner who is contracted with Remixto to make a Property available for rent by Guest.
“Guest” means a person who stays at a Member’s Property.
“Property Manager” means a person contracted by the Member to perform an inspection of the property at the end each Tenancy.
“Excluded Items” means damage or loss to items in the Property that are not advertised for use by Guest during Tenancy, including (but not limited to) cash, jewellery, cars, effects in storage within areas of the Property off limits to guests.
“Breakables” means glasses, vases or other glassware, plates, saucers, bowls and other dishware left at the Property for a Tenancy.
“Guest Damage” means any damage to a Member’s Property caused by a Guest during a Tenancy other than:
- a Home Breakdown;
- Wear and Tear; or
- damage to and/or loss of any Excluded Items.
“Home Breakdown” means an issue with a Member’s Property that:
- affects its core functionality;
- causes a breach in Advertised Condition; and
- arises during the ordinary use of the Member's Property by the Guest and/or Remixto during a Tenancy.
Examples of a Home Breakdown include (but are not limited to) the breakdown of a ceiling fan, a water heater or the internet, a drain becoming blocked, or fixtures and fittings becoming loose and unusable.
“Advertised Condition” means the Advertised Condition, Advertised Content or Advertised Services in the home, agreed between Members and Remixto as detailed on the Property Management and Rental Agreement that exists between them.
“Tenancy” the period of time the Member’s Property is being used for a booking by a Guest arranged by Remixto and including any period when the property is being prepared by Remixto either before or after such tenancy.
“Wear and Tear” means any damage to a Member’s Property caused during a Tenancy that:
- does not affect the core functionality of the home;
- does not cause sufficient damage to the property to breach the Advertised Condition;
- is reasonably immaterial in nature for a property during Tenancy (as determined in our absolute discretion); and
- arises in the ordinary course of the property being inhabited
Examples of Wear and Tear include (but are not limited to) scuff-marks on a wall of the property of less than 10cm in length, gradual soiling or discolouration of upholstery over time or a light bulb breakage.
2. Guest Damages
2.1 Where Remixto is the Property Manager for the Property, Remixto will perform a reasonable inspection of the Property at the end of a Tenancy to identify Guest Damage. In cases when Remixto is not the Property Manager, the Members must notify Remixto within 24 hours of the end of a Tenancy.
2.2 In the event that Remixto is notified or made aware of Guest Damage arising during the Tenancy, Remixto will use reasonable endeavours to inform the Member of such Guest Damage and obtain quotations from their own and/or third party contractors for the remedy of the Guest Damage in a manner that does not result in an increased value of the item(s) damaged. Remixto will notify Member of the cost of remedy.
2.3 In the event a Tenancy is:
- ongoing and it is necessary (as determined by Remixto) to remedy or rectify the Guest Damage during the course of the Tenancy, Remixto will coordinate with their own and/or a third party contractor to remedy and/or rectify the Guest Damage for the cost reported to Members.
- finished and the Guest Damage has not been rectified and/or remedied, the Members may choose to direct Remixto to supervise the repair using their own and/or a third party contractor or to use such other contractor as the Members may determine in his/her absolute discretion.
2.4 Members agree that Remixto may seek to recover the cost incurred with the remedy or rectification of Guest Damage caused by a Guest, and Members assign this benefit of recovering the cost of such Guest Damage contained in the terms of the Accommodation Agreement between the Member and the Guest.
2.5 Remixto will credit the Member for any amount collected from a Guest for Guest Damage up to the amount equal to the cost of the Guest Damage reported to the Member . Member agrees that Remixto is not liable for amounts that cannot be recovered from Guest.
2.6 Remixto will not reimburse any Damage relating to Breakables other than in its absolute discretion and, in any event, any such reimbursement as determined by Remixto would be up to a maximum of $5 per item damaged.
2.7 Members are solely responsible for the costs, remedy and rectification of making good Wear and Tear.
2.8 Remixto does not report to Members instances of Wear and Tear at the Property, unless over a period of time, the cumulative effect of many instances of Wear and Tear causes a breach in Advertised Condition, as determined by Remixto.